Social driving app that gives alerts on road conditions
Add a bit of character to your maps and traffic information with Waze.
This is perhaps one of the fun GPS apps to use, but there are so many details that it's sometimes overwhelming and hard to get used to the concept until you figure out what all of the icons are about. You can stay in contact with other drivers who are in the area so that you can all stay informed of road conditions and any traffic issues that might make your commute slow.
While using Waze, you can view street maps with fun cartoon characters that represent the other drivers. There is a destination screen where you enter the destination where you're going. You will see the estimated time of arrival, pictures of the area and if there are any incidents on the roads on the route. Another menu gives you an option to report an incident, such as a traffic accident or a road hazard. There is also an officer icon to call for emergency assistance. If there's a better route, then you will receive information from other drivers. Another feature of Waze is that you can view the lowest prices of gas in the area.
- Connect with drivers
- View lowest gas
- Get information about your route
- Updates can be slow
- Sometimes waits to tell you directions
Minor bug fixes and improvements
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CALENDAR: Allows an application to read the user's calendar data.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS: Allows an application to access extra location provider commands.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.